Online Court Interpreter Workshop
The Tennessee Language Center offers a fully online, 14-hour Court Interpreter Workshop about “Court Interpreter Ethics and Skill-building” for those who want to become registered and certified court interpreters in the State of Tennessee. This program is offered by a live instructor via Zoom. (Approved by the TN Administrative Office of the Courts)
November 6-17, 2023 (Click here to enroll)
If you are interested and want to know more, you can fill out our contact information form, and we will reach out to you!
Who should take this Court Interpreter Workshop?
- People with no background in interpretation who speak English and one other language fluently and want to become certified court interpreters in the State of Tennessee.
- Current interpreters that want to validate their abilities and improve their skills by becoming certified court interpreters.
Do I have to be in Tennessee to take this course?
Court interpreters are certified at the state level. Therefore, this workshop will prepare you to take the assessments to become certified as a court interpreter in the State of Tennessee.
Note: If you are currently living in another state but intend to become certified and work in Tennessee, you are welcome to join our program. Please reach out to us if you have any questions about this!
How does certification as a court interpreter work?
In Tennessee, potential court interpreters need to take an approved Court Interpreter Ethics and Skill-Building Workshop. Then, they can start the process to become certified with the TN Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC).
When you pass their Over-the-Phone Interview (OPI) and their written assessment, you become a state-registered court interpreter. Then, when you pass their Oral Examination, you become a state-certified interpreter*.
(* For less common languages, you can only become registered. Please reach out to us for more information).
What do I need to apply?
- Be 18 years old or older
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Speak English and one other language fluently.
How much does it cost?
The cost of tuition plus materials is $325.
So, what’s next?
You can enroll here.
What if I want to know more before applying?
We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. You can contact us directly:
- Students who withdraw before the first day of class or within the first 2 class hours: Full refund
- Students who withdraw after the first 2 class hours: No refund